Designed for students with no previous exposure to women's studies, this certificate offers a survey into issues and themes in the field. The program invites you to explore the lives and experiences of women, historically and cross-culturally, and to critically examine the social, political and economic institutions that shape women's lives.
Five (5) full courses (30 credits) - No substitutions possible
- AP/GL GWST 1500 6.00/Women in Today’s World or
- AP/GL/GWST 1510 6.00/Sex, Gender and Popular Culture;
- AP/GL/GWST 2500 6.00 or GWST 2510 9.00/On Women: An Introduction to Women’s Studies;
- Any two AP/GL/GWST 3000-level 6-credit core courses;
- The remaining 6 credits can be core or non-core.
Note: For the purposes of meeting the Certificate requirements, all nine-credit General Education courses will count as six credits towards the Certificate.
Priot to 2010/11 Academic Year
Five (5) full courses (30 credits) - no substitutions possible
- AK/HUMA 1830 6.0
- AK/SOSC 1700 6.0 or AK/SOSC 1920 6.0
- AK/AS/GL/GWST 2500 6.0 (On Women: An Introduction to Women's Studies), formerly AK/GWST 2000 6.0
- Any two AK/AS/GL/GWST 3000-level 6-credit courses