Ideal if you are pursuing, or have completed, an undergraduate degree and wish to focus on Women's Studies and feminist theory.
Excellent preparation for students wishing to enter York's renowned School of Women's Studies.
Five (5) full courses (30 credits) - No substitutions possible
Students beginning this Certificate must have completed 60 credits or the equivalent of university education.
- AP/GL/GWST 2500 6.00 or GWST 2510 9.00/On Women: An Introduction to Women’s Studies;
- AP/GL/GWST 3555 6.00/Genealogies of Feminist Theorizing;
- AP/GL/GWST 4555 6.00/Feminist Methodologies and Methods;
- Any one AP/GL/GWST 3000- or 4000-level 6-credit core course;
- The remaining 6 credits can be core or non-core.
Note I: For the purposes of meeting the Certificate requirements, all nine-credit General Education courses will count as six credits towards the Certificate.
Note II: The theory courses have two pre-requisites: GWST 2500 6.00 or GWST 2510 9.00 and completion of 72 credits. Students in this Certificate will be permitted to do GWST 2500 6.00 or GWST 2510 9.00 as a co-requisite with GWST 3556 6.00, and given the entry requirement and the contingencies of scheduling, the 72 credit pre-requisite will be waived.
Students beginning this certificate must have completed 60 credits or the equivalent of university education.
- Core requirements: AK/AS/GL/GWST 2500 6.0 (On Women: An Introduction to Women's Studies) and AK/AS/GL/GWST 4500 6.0 (Feminist Theories) or AK/AS/GL/GWST 4501 6.0 (Théories féministes). Please Note: The theory courses have two pre-requisites: GWST 2500 6.0 and 72 credits. Students in this certificate will be permitted to do GWST 2500 6.0 and GWST 4500 6.0 or GWST 4501 6.0 as co-requisites, and given the entry requirement and the contingencies of scheduling, the 72 credit pre-requisite will be waived.
- 18 credits of any School of Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies courses (core or non-core), 6 credits of which may be chosen from the list of other courses available for Gender and Women's Studies credit.